The objective of this course is to introduce data warehousing and mining techniques. Applications of data mining in web mining, pattern matching and cluster analysis are included to aware students of broad data mining areas.
After completion of course, students would be able:
● To discuss different sequential pattern algorithms.
● To apply the techniques to extract patterns from time series data and their applications in real world.
● Examine Graph mining algorithms to Web mining.
● To design the computing framework for Big Data.
Welcome to Value Added Course (VAC) offered by the Department of Computer Science and Technology.
Thank you for choosing Report writing using LaTeX as a Value Added Course. We wish you an enjoyable and informative learning experience.
Details regarding the course:
Name of the course : Report Writing Using LaTeX
Type:- Practical Based VAC
Credit : 1
Instructor Name – Dr. Parvinder Singh
Mobile No.-7424956133, 9461495133
Report writing using LaTeX is a practical based Value added Course for 1 credit. It is not a theoretical course, so don’t be confused. During the course, I will instruct how to use the LaTeX scripts (Texmaker, and Miktex) and demonstrate how to write the scientific reports using LaTex. We will get the practical experience of LaTeX.
• LaTeX is based on TeX, a typesetting system designed by Donald Knuth in 1978 for high quality digital typesetting.
• TEX is a low-level markup language for the purpose of attractively typesetting technical documents.
• LaTex (pronounced lay-tek ) is a document preparation system for producing professional-looking documents, it is not a word processor.
• It is particularly suited to producing long, structured documents, and is very good at typesetting equations.
• It is a Computerized Typesetting Program and available as free software for most operating systems.
• LaTeX, is widely used in different scientific fields like mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, chemistry, physics, etc. for publishing scientific documents.
CONTENT AND ASSIGNMENTS
• Every week, about 1 hours of lectures containing content by the Course instructor will be released. Further, about 1 hours is for practice and clarification of doubts with this an assignment based on course content for practice will be released. Please attend the lectures, follow the course instructions regularly and submit all assessments and assignments before the due date. Your regular participation is essential for learning and doing well in the course.
• Please do the assignments yourself and even if you take help, try to learn from it. These assignments will help you to be an expert in LaTeX and essential for your continuous assessment. Copying from others and violating discipline will be taken very seriously if detected during the course.